When you attempt to launch the file that has been blocked by settings of Registry policy, then you may face the error message you are trying to store a file that has been blocked by the Registry policy. The following error can be the following:
- You are trying to launch the file that has been created in the old version of the office. Such a file is blocked from launching in the new version by the settings of registry policy.
- You are trying to launch the file type File_Type that is blocked by the settings in Trust Center.
The problem is mostly discovered when the user attempts to launch the linked Office document in the Office app. The simple modification in the settings can resolve the issue. If you are facing the trouble launching files, then from this post, you might get some help. Read the blog and follow the instructions to fix the problem.
To Fix the Issue
If you want to fix the issue, then abide by the given methods:
- Launch the Office application and navigate to the Options window.
- Access the settings of the Trust Center.
- Empty the Save or Open boxes for File Block Settings.
Launch the Office App and Navigate to the Options Window
If you want to launch the Office application, then you can follow the provided steps:
- Launch the office application, including PowerPoint, Microsoft Office Word, or Excel.
- Navigate to the File option.
- Tap on it and choose the Options from the sidebar.
Access the Settings of Trust Center
- As the Options window launches, click on the Trust Center from the left window.
- Tap on the Trust Center Settings option at the right window. The menu includes the Security and Privacy settings to remain the PC secure. It is suggested not to modify the modify settings. Though if you don’t mind in the tweak, then you can process further.
Empty the Save and Open Boxes for File Block Settings
If you wish to empty the Save and Open boxes, then pursue the given instructions:
- Click on the Settings of File Block in the Trust Center window.
- Empty the Save and Open tick box for a file that you need to save and open. Removing the boxes allows the users to permit users to save or open files. Check the same blocks to access the file.
When you have completed the process, then press the OK option that shows at the lower right of the Trust Center window and attempt to save or open the file that has been blocked earlier.
When you attempt to launch the Office document, then it should not display the same error message again on Windows 10. For instance, if you have the Visio thing set in Word files. When you attempt to launch it, a similar error message is visible in word. Then to solve the problem, you should change the settings of File block in-app that possess the barren file. In this, you can modify settings of File Block in Vision rather than in word. If the error message displays the Excel file type, then you have to navigate to the Excel to modify settings of Block File.
Mia Davis is a self-professed security expert; she has been making the people aware of the security threats.Her passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.