If you are using Windows 10 or have updated it recently, then there are several tricks and tips and the hidden features that can be discovered to function a laptop and make use of it quickly. Microsoft does not expose its hidden features as Apple does and that makes it more difficult to discover and to get the idea of its features and get the most out of the device. If you want to get an idea about its features, then this post might be helpful. Read through the blog and follow the instructions to discover it.
Minimize the Windows Except for Active One
If the screen has been packed with the open windows, you can fastly minimize all of it, excluding the one you are using.
- Tap on the title bar you need to continue open to choose it.
- Hold mouse along and move the window back and forth fastly by shaking it. After some shakes, the other windows will minimize, leaving the one open that you have shaken.
Launch Secret Start Menu
Users know that all ready to go to the Start menu, you have to click on the Windows icon at the left of the screen. However, Windows 10 comprises the hidden second start menu, which is less known that helps in the important accessing feature like control panel, the command prompt, or Task manager easily. You may access it by clicking on Windows key + X or else right-click Windows tab or the Start option.
Make the Event Without Launching Calendar App
If you want to make the event without launching a calendar app, then you can follow the provided steps:
- Tap on the box with date and time at the right on Taskbar.
- Press on the date when you need to schedule the event.
- Insert the event time, name, and location.
- Hit the Save option. The vent must be visible in the Calendar app on the device.
Take the Screenshot
It is the basic one, but it is so simple to take the screenshot on the desktop or laptop. There are 8 ways to take the screenshot on Windows 10. If you want to take the screenshot of the whole screen then click on the Windows key + Print Screen key, then the image will be stored in the pictures and then tap on the screenshot folder to check it.
To screenshot half of the screen, click on Windows key + Shift + S to launch the tool, which is known as the Snip and sketch that permits to tap and drag to make the screenshot, which is stored in the clipboard.
Launch the Items on the Taskbar With the Shortcuts of Keyboard
If you have pinned programs on the taskbar underneath the screen to make a shortcut, then you do not have to tap on a tab to launch it. Click on the keyboard shortcut Windows key + < Number Key>, using the number key equivalent to a situation of a program on Taskbar.
Checking How Much Space Apps Are Consuming
If you want to check how much space apps are consuming, then you can follow the provided steps:
- Go to the Settings.
- Click on the System.
- Tap on the Storage option.
- Press on the drive that you need to locate.
- Hit the Apps and games option to check the list of apps downloaded on the device and how much space they are consuming.
Free From the Ads on the Start Menu
Go through the offered steps to Free from the ads on the Start menu :
- As you have Windows 10 with the default settings, sometimes it may be visible to you at the right of the Start menu.
- Launch the Settings.
- Click on Personalization.
- Select the Start option.
- Turn it off in setting known as Show suggestions in Start.
Close Background Apps
If you want to close the background apps, then abide by the given steps:
- If you’re going to manage the background apps and save the battery as well as data, then this will help you.
- Launch the settings.
- Click on Privacy.
- Select the Background apps option.
- To close all the apps running at the back, turn the toggle off by clicking on the Let apps runs at the back option.
Apply the Background Scrolling
Follow the provided steps to apply the background scrolling:
- Go to the Settings.
- Click on the Devices.
- Select the Mouse option.
- Turn on the toggle by clicking on the Scroll inactive windows option.
- After that, you can put the mouse on Window at the back then apply the scroll wheel to scroll.
Display File Extensions in the File Explorer
If you wish to display file extensions in the file explorer, then pursue the given instructions:
- Open search box underneath the screen.
- Insert the File Explorer option and then tap on it.
- Press on the view tab when prompted in a window.
- Untick the box that asks Hide extensions for recognized file types.
- Tap on the Apply and then OK. Now the file extensions will be available in explorer.
Chop the Distractions Using Focus Assist
In case you intend to Chop the distractions using Focus assist, go through the below-mentioned steps:
- Go to the Settings.
- Click on System.
- Select the Focus option.
- Choose from the 3 options:
Mia Davis is a self-professed security expert; she has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet, utility software and new media. She writes for McAfee products at mcafee.com/activate.