The Windows 10 still doesn’t have the official feature to schedule between light and dark modes automatically; however, there are other ways to do so.
Apart from various features provided by Windows 10, it has the color mode features also which enables you to switch between “dark” and “light” mode, which runs across your desktop tools and various applications throughout your system.
The former is the “light mode,” which gives a lighter effect to your system’s appearance, including all the tools and functions. It works better throughout the daytime.
On the other hand, there is a dark mode that enables you to create and manage the dark effects across the desktop tools and multiple applications.
It is compatible with dim light interference. Windows 10 doesn’t allow you to switch between dark and light modes as a special feature or button, but it allows you to schedule between two different modes through “Settings.”
Switching Between two Modes
For switching to your favorite Mode, you can use some of the easy to use commands in order to change the registry settings. You can also adjust your desired effect through “Task Scheduler.” These two options will enable you to schedule your desired Mode in an automatic way.
Scheduling Affect From Darker to Lighter Mode
If you wish to switch from dark to light effect on your system running on Windows-10, then you should abide these steps:
- Firstly, launch the “Start” menu.
- After that, you have to hit the “Task Scheduler” option by navigating on it.
- Then, you have to hit the resulting topmost option in order to launch the application.
- Then, hit the folder “Task Scheduler Library.”
- Next, you have to right-click the library option and tap on the particular option that reads “New Folder.”
- After that, provide a name for the particular folder and hit on the “OK” tab.
Note: Here, a fresh folder will create so that you can manage or adjust your various tasks smoothly.
- Now, tap the right click on the folder says, “My Tasks.”
- Then, you have to hit on “Create Task.”
- After that, tap on “General.”
- Locate the “Name” bar and then provide a specific name for your task. You may take “switch_light_mode” as an option.
- Go to the segment “Security Options” and then tap on “Run Whether the user is logged on or off.”
- After that, you have to hit the passcode option there.
- Next, tap on the “Triggers” button.
- Then, hit the tab “New.”
- Next, go to the option “Begin the Task.”
- Hit the scheduled choice.
- Navigate to “Settings” and press the option “daily.”
- Now, you have to set your scheduling time zone for your light effect.
- After that, hit the “OK” tab.
- Then, press the “Action” button.
- Now, tap on “New.”
- Then, you have to navigate to the “Settings” and then take the option indicated for the beginning of the function.
After that, take a copy of the under-mentioned command and then paste the same:
%SystemRoot%\ system32\ Windows PowerShell\ v1.0\ powershell.exe.”
Next, you have to navigate to the particular field “Add Arguments” and then copy and then paste this path:
“New – ItemProperty -Path HKCU:\ SOFTWARE\ Microsoft\ Windows\ CurrentVersion\ Themes\ Personalize -Name SystemUsesLightTheme -Value 1 -Type Dword -Force; New-ItemProperty -Path HKCU:\ SOFTWARE\Microsoft\ Windows\ CurrentVersion\ Themes\Personalize -Name AppsUseLightTheme -Value 1 -Type Dword -Force.”
This path will analyze your system, and then it will establish a light mode effect through a sequence of the registration process.
- After that, you have to tap on “OK.”
- Now, hit on “Settings.”
- Next, you have to mark the run task-related option present on your system’s screen. It will try to run your provided path in case the scheduler skips your settings and adjustments as your system was under rest.
- Then, mark the option related to the task fails and check that it sets to one minute only. Here you have only three chances to perform this operation.
- Finally, hit the “OK” tab here.
When you finish the steps mentioned above, your system will automatically go to the light mode as per your scheduled timing.
Scheduling Affect from the Lighter to Darker Mode
If you wish to schedule your system’s effect from lighter to the darker one, then follow these mentioned instructions:
- Firstly, tap on “Start.”
- After that, look for the “Task Scheduler” option there and hit the resulting topmost option from the list.
- Then, launch the folder “Scheduler Library.”
- Next, you have to the right click on the folder dedicated for “MyTasks” and hit the creating selection there.
- Now, tap on “General.”
- Then, provide a specific name for your task in the provided bar.
- Go to the “Security Option” there and hit on the option indicated for running the process further.
- After that, mark the checkbox ignoring for saving the password.
- Now, hit on “Triggers.”
- Next, tap on “New.”
- After that, navigate to “Begin the task” and hit the option reads “On a Schedule.”
- Go to the “Settings” and tap on “Daily.”
- Now, you have to schedule the particular time slot in which you wish to turn your system under Dark effect.
- After that, tap on “OK.”
- Press the “Action” button.
- Now, tap on “New.”
- After that, you have to use the option “Start a Program” via the Settings panel.
- Then, you have to make a copy of the under mentioned command and then paste the same:
“%SystemRoot%\ system32\ WindowsPowerShell\ v1.0\ powershell.exe.”
After that, navigate to “Add Arguments” bar and then make a copy of the given path and then paste the same:
“New – Item Property -Path HKCU:\ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft\ Windows\ CurrentVersion\ Themes\ Personalize -Name SystemUsesLightTheme -Value 0 -Type Dword -Force; New-ItemProperty -Path HKCU:\ SOFTWARE\Microsoft\ Windows\ CurrentVersion\ Themes\Personalize -Name AppsUseLightTheme -Value 0 -Type Dword -Force.”
This path will modify your registry as per the order of sequence of this command to provide the stipulated result for the Dark Mode.
- Now, tap on “OK.”
- After that, hit the “Settings.”
- Next, mark the checkbox, which is associated with running the procedure and proceed further towards dark Mode. It will support your provided path to run.
After that, mark the option of indicated for restarting of every action.
- Now, check that the schedule is for one minute only. You will be given three chances to do this.
- Finally, tap on the “OK” tab.
Now, your system will automatically schedule the dark Mode as per your modifications for all the system-related features.
Mia Davis is a self-professed security expert; she has been making the people aware of the security threats.Her passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.