As we know, the first successive update of the 1909 version of Windows 10, i.e., “KB4524570,” can unluckily cause 0x80073701 error. Well, it is a windows update error that users can resolve quite easily. Error Code 0x80073701 occurs due to malware threats, faulty update errors, third-party applications, and many more. In case you are also facing it and want to eradicate it, then all you need to do is try some solutions. Here are some methods that you can use to overcome the problem without making too much effort. Those are:
Method 1: Run a Windows Security Full Scan
- First and foremost, tap on Start Menu available on the lower side of the taskbar.
- Type security and choose the best match.
- By doing so, windows security applications panel will appear on the screen.
- Go to the Virus & threat protection category.
- Select the Scan Option link available on the following page.
- Scroll down and click to check the Radio box beside Full Scan.
- At last, press the Scan Now option and initiate the process.
- Wait patiently for the windows scanning to complete.
- After completion, if there’s any threat present, then tap on the Clean Threat button and eradicate the issue.
Method 2: Remove Third Party Applications
- Click on Win + I keys to open the Setting app on the system.
- Now, select Apps options to access Apps & Features section.
- Look for third-party apps on the right portion of the screen.
- After that, tap on any of 3rd party app and choose the Uninstall option.
- In the end, follow the prompts to remove the app from Windows 10.
Method 3: Use System File Checker
- To begin with, go to the Start Menu and type Run.
- Choose the best match and click on it to open the Run dialog.
- Insert CMD.exe into the required field and press Ok to confirm it.
- With this, Command Prompt will pop up.
- Type SFC /Scannow and press the Enter key.
- It will take up to 10-15 minutes and then reboot your system.
Method 4: Execute Windows Update Troubleshooter
- Open the Setting through Start Menu from the taskbar.
- After that, choose the Update & Security option.
- Tap on the Troubleshoot available on the left side of the next page.
- Now, switch to right adjacent and select Windows Update.
- Lastly, extend the tray and Press to run the Troubleshooter.
- Sit tight and wait until the scanning process wraps up.
- If the error is detected in troubleshooter, then follow the prompts on the wizard to eradicate it accordingly.
Method 5: Reset Windows Update Section
- Tap on the “Command Prompt” as Administrator.
- Now type “net stop wuauserv” syntax and hit Enter.
- After that, write “net stop msiserver” syntax and hit Enter
- Enter “net stop cryptSvc” syntax and click Enter.
- Lastly, insert net stop bits syntax and press Enter key.
- Wait for few seconds and then write C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old and C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old.
- Hit the Enter key to proceed further.
- Head to the Setting app.
- Choose Update & Security option and then Windows Update.
- At last, tap on Check for Update to know whether the problem is resolved or not.
All in all, make sure to try the methods mentioned above to overcome your problems as it is the only possible way available right now. Other than that, KB4524570 Error Code 0x80073701 in Windows 10 1909 is generally a Windows update error that you can solve conveniently.
Mia Davis is a self-professed security expert; she has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. She writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.