Kindle Fire is one of the best companions for reading enthusiasts. Special offers and promotional banners are the backbones of current online business and advertisement. However, if you want to enhance your focus while reading your favorite books, then you must disable those special offers from your Kindle Fire. So, here are the steps to delete Amazon Fire special offers.
Use Amazon’s Official Process
If you want to use Amazon’s official process, then pursue the instruction given below.
- First of all, you have to log in to the Amazon account.
- After that, you should select the Accounts and Lists in the upper right-hand side of the screen.
- Then you will see a list.
- Go to the Devices and Contents. It will launch the manage the Content and Devices screen.
- You should choose the Devices option.
- Then you have to locate the Kindle Fire device and select the Action tab, located on the left side of your device name.
- Now, you will see the Kindle device detail will come on your screen.
- Thereafter select the ‘Edit’ option near to Subscribe under Special Offers/Offers and Ads.
- You will see another screen that will launch wherever you should be able to unsubscribe from special offers.
- When you have a 1-tap payment setup, Amazon will charge you to unsubscribe within the ads automatically.
- When you don’t have to set up it, you will request to set it up before you start.
- It will be notified you about the value you have to pay.
- Now, go to ‘Unsubscribe now with 1-tap’.
Contact Amazon Customer Care Service
If you want to contact Amazon customer care service, then you can follow the provided steps.
- Get started by telling them that a kid is using the Kindle, and you would like to delete the ads because they are unavailable for a kid. When they request what kind of advertisements are you passing on to, telling them about sexual nature or violent.
- Rather than asking the question you remain, it will possibly be satisfied to guide.
- You should inform the rep which you live outer of the US and which ads are not relevant during you are in the current location.
- You should ask for the advertisements to be deleted because they are worthless to you and don’t apply to the situation. It may delete the ads.
Configure the Computer
If you want to configure the computer, then pursue the instruction given below.
- To get started, launch whichever folder on the system.
- After that, go to the View icon on the upper left-hand side of the screen.
- You should select Options in the upper right-hand side of the screen.
- Go to the drop-down section and choose ‘Change folder and search options.’
- Select the View tab.
- Beneath Hidden folders and files, select ‘Show hidden folders, files or drives.
- Now, click on, OK.
Remove .Assets Folder
If you want to remove the .assets folder, then you can follow the provided steps.
- Firstly, you have to link the Kindle Fire to the system with the USB cord.
- Then go to This PC.
- After that, launch the Kindle drive, and it will view the System folder.
- Disclose the hidden folder.
- Navigate to the System folder.
- Now, remove the .assets folder by clicking it and holding delete on the keyboard, or by right click on the folder and select delete.
Make a New .Assets Folder
If you want to make a new .assets folder, then pursue the instruction given below.
- First and foremost, go to the Kindle System folder, hold Shift key + right-click, and a menu will come.
- You should choose ‘Open PowerShell window here,’ and a command screen will prompt.
- Then enter ‘md .assets’ in the command screen and hit the Enter key.
- After that, you will see a new named .assets folder will be made if you refresh the system folder.
- Now, detach the Kindle from the system.
Mia Davis is a self-professed security expert; she has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet, utility software and new media. She writes for McAfee products at mcafee.com/activate.