Overwatch can be easily played on Windows 10. And the maker has done a fantastic work by stopping glitches. For playing an excellent online game, the presence of chats is necessary for team cooperation. But, some users might face chat not working issues in Overwatch. So look at the given below blog carefully to know the solutions for the same.
Look at the default audio devices
Remember that you need to have a look at both, i.e., playback and recording. For doing so, follow the given below instructions carefully.
- Firstly, right click on volume. You’ll get it in the system tray.
- Then, go to Sounds.
- After that, visit the Playback tab.
- Next, select the device that you wish to work in-game.
- Then, add a preferred device.
- After that, do the same procedure for the Recording device also.
You need to look at the drivers. It can be done by the given below instructions.
- Firstly, do a right-click on This PC or My Computer symbol of the system.
- Then, press on Properties.
- Next, choose Device Manager.
- See the list, search Sound, video, and game controllers.
- Check if the audio gadget is turned on and running.
- Remember that most of the time, Windows 10 downloads generic drivers. Check that the correct drivers are installed. If they are correct, then update them.
Turning off application authority for audio gadgets
- Firstly, right-click on the symbol of Volume. It shall be in the system tray.
- Then, press on Sounds.
- After that, choose default device which can be used in the game.
- Next, go to its Properties.
- Then, visit the Advanced tab.
- After that, turn off Allow applications for taking authority of the device.
- Lastly, do the same procedure for the recording devices as well.
Turning off firewall
- Firstly, visit the Control Panel on your computer.
- Then, select System and Security.
- After that, press on the Windows Firewall.
- Next, choose to turn Windows Firewall on or off.
- Note that you require administrator privileges for interacting.
- Lastly, disable it by switching it off.
Have a look at the in-game audio settings
- Firstly, go to Options.
- Then, start the Sound tab.
- Next, enable the microphone and speaker’s voice.
- After that, put Group or else Team chat to Auto-join.
- Then, place checkmarks for changing between Default device and Comms if the option is present.
- Lastly, save the settings.
Mia Davis is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cybersecurity. She writes about the latest updates regarding norton.com/setup and how it can improve the work experience of users. Her articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs, and websites.